- Newest Android Market SPAM 15 januari 2012
If you see a cross show up in your notification bar telling you of a new updated Market and you click it a browser will open up and take you to a page telling you “Discover Amazing Apps with the Newest Android Market” DO NOT click the link and DO NOT put it your phone number there are reports that doing so you will agree to pay 9.99 a month.
This is SPAM and the reason that you are getting this is because you installed an app and this was loaded with it. The notification will continue to show up in your notification bar from time to time and there is no app that you can uninstall to remove it. Luckily there is a utility called AirPush Detector from the Android Market that will not only identify what app is causing the SPAM but will let you uninstall it.
Sourced from: TheRealMcMex
- Yeah Baby Yeah, The Finish Line of the Amsterdam Marathon 8KM Run 18 oktober 2011
And a new Personal Record of 40 minutes and 9 seconds.
- Manage Your Bloat With Bloater For Android | xda-developers 12 oktober 2011
Manage Your Bloat With Bloater For Android | xda-developers http://t.co/jrEIqFjK
- @Adobe Latest #Flash4Android sucks #Harry'sBalls* Bringing my @HTC Desire to a halt. *Hairy Harry from the Hendersons. 28 maart 2011
@Adobe Latest #Flash4Android sucks #Harry’sBalls* Bringing my @HTC Desire to a halt.
*Hairy Harry from the Hendersons.
- Plug In Launcher for Android makes things happen when you connect USB or headphones 7 maart 2011
- Move Your Bot! http://t.co/2ht3FK6 via @androlib Let's try this out. 21 februari 2011
Move Your Bot! http://t.co/2ht3FK6 via @androlib Let’s try this out.
- Time To Go Pro - Penetrate 6 februari 2011
Apps are cool, free apps are cooler.
But recognition of good apps with dedication from developers deserve more then just 5 stars in the Market.
The first application I’m covering in this little section I’d like to call “Time To Go Pro” is Penetrate, A.K.A. Penetrate Pro, It’s Pro after dishing out € 1,99 of your hard earned money.
The political correct way to describe Penetrate would be by saying it is a security testing tool for a set of Wireless Routers.
The realistic/honest way of describing Penetrate would be by saying it is a tool to get you Wireless internet access through routers that have not been set up/protected correctly by their owners. Because honestly, most of us have no interest at all what’s going on inside these badly protected networks anyway, we just want faster speeds then those our carriers can provide as at that location at that time. Especially for those people that have a bandwidth limit put on their asses by their greedy telecom carriers, Penetrate can come in handy sometimes.
If your not interested in my screenshots and explanation, jump on to Penetrate’s original site. Or use the QR code above to go grab it from the market.
Let me show you how straightforward this tool works with a few screenshots.
When you start the app it will check if your Wifi is actually enabled and if not it will remind you and enable it for you. You’ll then be greeted with the next screen.
Since I’ve just gotten the Pro version I can simply go into Settings >> and select “Get Keys From the Web”. If your using the free version of Penetrate, you’ll need to download a Library to your Device (SD card) before you can get the access keys.
As you can see there’s two routers here that can possibly accessed through Wifi.
Let’s tap on the first one…
There’s three possible keys to acces this wireless modem.
And let’s not forget this is only if the Owner of the Modem did not manually change the password into a non default one. Which I honestly rarely encounter.
I tap the first key and Penetrate helps me to the system Wifi settings.
Eeeh you’ve probably done this before (i hope).
Since we are on Android we have Cut And Past out of the Box
Long Press on the password space and choose to Paste.
Okay, Okay I was pretty lucky to get it right at the first key.
Sometimes you will need to try the other keys before you get access to the Wifi network.
Well that’s Penetrate in a Nutshell.
Why I went Pro?
- Well the developer is from Portugal, so that’s a positive racism +1 for me, don’t argue with your blood and heritage.
- I need al the space I can get on my SD to dump as much Music as Possible. So if I can get the keys online instead of having a file of around 50-to-100-MB I choose online.
- Most importantly, Diogo Ferreira has been updating Penetrate rigorously and wisely, and not just with silly “BugFixes”. Penetrate is always moving forward and it is rock solid.
Here’s the list of Modem’s/Routers supported by Penetrate.
- Thomson-Based Routers*
- Pirelli Discus
- Verizon FiOS (some)
- Fastweb (Pirelli & Telsey)
- Jazztel_XXXX and WLAN_XXXX
*Ifinitum, BBox, DMax, Orange, SpeedTouch, BigPond, O2Wireless, Otenet.
More info at the OG site: http://underdev.org/penetrate/
- Endtroducing, The Year Of The Wabbit 3 februari 2011
Noonski Wishes, friends, family, old workmates, XDA Brothers a peaceful and healthy Year of The Wabbit.
Especially for the people that noticed that there was no merry #christmas or happy new year from me.
I was saving it for this moment. As the Gregorian calendar does not always fit everyone’s personal needs.
This does not mean I did not enjoy #christmas or the Gregorian New Year, I just chose another moment, to start something new.
So Happy Year of the Wabbit.
Did I mention I happen to be a Wabbit.
….. But wait there’s more,…. Tune in to www.noonski.tv @ 18:30 CET everyday for one Documentary. It’s sort of a 365 project, but instead of a picture I post one Documentary.
……. Don’t worry I’ve planned ahead, You’ll be reminded through FaceBook and Twitter in Time, and you can always block the app.
Oh yeah, I also finished and uploaded a new Version of my Personal HTC Desire Rom. @XDA [ROM]N.S.A.GingerBlackness.2011-02-03.FF&UPD 96&93MB Basic 2.29 Froyo
- Live Cook bLogging N.S.A. GingerBlack 2.29 31 januari 2011
CTRL+F5 to update.
- Make new Lockscreen (Portrait Only?)
(Sort of check, still have to do the other colours)
- Add old Android market.
- Change Battery Font.
Ah man I can’t resist this one
I wish I was better at graphics too.
Finished the Battery Percentage with Droid Sans Bold font.
I couldn’t go and use the temp borrowed version with square font now could I, the creator sounded very proud of his work so I made my own. Yuck tiresome boring work….. 67, 66, 66, 65,…
I stopped over clocking altogether, even better Battery.
If you find any Desire ROM more friendly for your Battery, be my guest to tell me.
I had 0% battery drop while sleeping.
To bad I can’t easily show the Green and yellow effects on unlocking.
It’s very quick but I like it none the less.
Okay I think it’s done. I will first make the UPD for the small group that actually is interested. And then the FF with a more limited Framework, no Notification power Mod & Reboot Menu.
Breakfast now, Shower and then go join a little Peaceful protest for Egypt.
Looks like I’m going to meat my Year of the Whabbit Deadline 3rd Feb 2011.
PS: I have done weird Version numbers just below the latest OS versions before. But this one is coincidently also the Desire Rom version this is based on.
- Make new Lockscreen (Portrait Only?)
- Wowzers, one hour of Music through BT Headset and still 100% Battery 26 januari 2011
Wowzers, one hour of Music through BT Headset and still 100% Battery.
Makes me wonder how it will fare tomorrow.
- Live Cooking bLogging - N.S.A. Desire 2.29 GingerBlackness 26 januari 2011
Finished of the Black new Framework based on GingerBread, but with a few personal Tweaks. (And a work around for not being able to change the font in some of the menu’s)
Changed around the Hosts file so it can be accessed by the regular AdFree from Market.
Also thanks go out to Signals23 for updating Benny879′s GingerBreadv3 Mod of LauncherPro. I have only replaced the Glass Drawer into BingerBlackness Drawer. And replaced the Wallpapers with simple Black ones.
I will wait with the final version until the next LauncherPro update that is coming out this week, with the alleged Gmail Widget before going into Final release.
Here’s how My << Device is looking ATM.
(This is a temp Battery Mod, I will switch to different Font for the percentage, was just trying this one out)
So while cleaning up System/Customize a bit more, I will also maybe change the lockscreen graphics… and if not I will stick with the N.S.A. Brushed version.
While I’m at it I might as well update the Hosts file to start with.
Because of all the Mods added like reboot Menu, Notification Power Modd and accompanying framework, i can’t make a Straight First Flash.
So the new FF will be a Normal 2.29 without Mods. And to go to GingerBlacnkess the UPD will be needed.
Loads of testing the upgrade paths till feb 3rd.
- Live Cook bLogging 2011-01-12 12 januari 2011
Oke, start from scratch, from last known good update-able version
- Add in new DSP Manager.
- Add in Notification Power Control 2.29.
- Adding removed HTC Album to data/app.
Found first issue with updating to 2.29 with HTC Abum/Gallery in data/app.
- Added new Flickr, Friendstream, HTC Facebook, HTC SetupWizard, Mail, PluginManager & SetupWizard to Data/app.
All working as it should. (have to upgrade FriendStream and Pluginmanager or break the FB syncing the rest is part of the team except for Mail)
- Now moving android_audio.mp3, bravo-keypad.kl & widget.txt to data/local.
All good widget.txt has no issues with being symlinked, so it can be user customized easily (Why read if you can test yourself)
- Do a manual install of Calibrator-5.1-Universal.apk without the extra libraries. (I expect the outcome to be a FC)
Check, I can remove it again.
- Out with VisualizationWallpapers.apk, LiveWallpapers.apk, HTC_IME_hi22.apk, HtcCopyright.apk, com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk, com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk, Clicker_hi.apk.
- Now adding in updated Calibrate Screen (Data/app) and libsurfaceflinger.so (data/lib) And doing another upgrade from 2010-11-16 without wipe.
Nope Calibrate screen force closes this way. Alrightee let’s put that file where it is expected to be in System/lib.
Oke this is where I start getting Bootloops.
I’m going to try with the older surfaceflinger I used in 11-16 version.
Checked them they are the same. Let me try Symlinking it then.
(Yeah I know I’m such an amateur but I just don’t care)
Final conclusion, I will not include the updated Calibrate screensettings & the accompanying Surflaceflinger.so into the new build.
- Next on the list is the android.policy.jar file for the reboot power menu options.
- Move framework to Data/loca
- Make Froyo like skin in UOT online kitchen.
- Add some extra Gingerbread graphics to the skin.
Check and optimized framework.
- Add Gingerbread Keyboard.
- Remove BugReport
Note need to replace one of the menu backgrounds to lighter froyo version.
First Upgrade issue.
Uninstall Gallery (HTC Album) through regular Settings >> Applications >> All Applications >> Gallery Remove.
- Add in new DSP Manager.
- Live Cook bLogging 27 december 2010
What am I doing right now?
Upgrading N.S.A. to HTC Desire 2.29 Base.
Added Richard Trip’s 5fHavs875ma Kernel.
(Since I’m Stoopid I let ClockWorkMod Recovery make/back up the new boot.img) and then all I need to do is bring over the new modules and boot.img from clockwork backup.
Added 2.29 Notification Power Mod (framework-res.apk, services.jar & framework.jar). Flashed Checked.
Added widget.txt with my order for Notification Power Mod. Flashed Checked.
Put back Symlink to bootanimation, bootsound, framework & bravo-keypad.kl from Data/local << yes that’s where I put them, you go figure out why. Flashed Checked.
Adding 2.29 Power Menu reboot Option (android.policy.jar) and removing com.htc.rss.jar compiling……… Copying to device……… Flashing………
And I also need to start cleaning up a bit.
Music And Coffee Meastro.
BRB with more Developments..
This is so I can trackback my own F-Ups while Cooking, Cleaning, Blogging and listening to Music.
Skip track, Random Track
It’s ALIVE (it boot’s)
Next, where was that new gingerbread Keyboard..?
Here it is.
Put libjni_latinime.so into System/lib & Put LatinIME.apk into data/app (yes first go is putting it into the wrong place instead of the right place saves me a test)
Oeps Error while Deodexing…
Looks like i forgot to remove the smali-1.2.4.jar & baksmali-1.2.4.jar when I upgraded DsiXda’s Kitchen.
(Which reminds me there’s a newer version)
Works now and no Deodexing was needed (Duh,..)
ZipAlign .apk files….
Compile Rom….Copy Rom To Device….
Flash and make a new Nandroid Backup… = More Cleaning Up.
Skip Track, Random Track
Wow that was getting on my nerves Skip Track..
Me is an idiot.. I put the GingerKBread in Data/local instead Data/App << Makes Gun to head Sign
Manually moving the file inside the zip file without recompiling… and reflashing…
Skip Track, Random track, Clean Table…
GingerKBread doesn’t like data/app needs to go to system.. (duh, but I had to try)
Now I can only have one Keyboard in the ROM. So it’s between HTC_IME_MOD and GBKB. But first I will need to test if GBKB let’s itself be installed as the default input method when there’s no other keyboards around in a Clean FF install.
Next random Track,
Got a nice FootieFlick through Bud on FB
Let’s Call it Quits for a little while….
But I will continue on this page with more on this next build.
And I should not forget to replace the wrong unlock slider that everyone keeps leaving in these newer frameworks
PS: I always use a spam mail for these kinds of screenshots, so don’t go thinking anything weird.
Adding newer Screen Calibrate App to Data/app but I’m still using the Calibrator4c.apk to be sure it will replace the old one.
(Not working get back to it)
Added the Desire HD DSP Manager version and Bluetooth DSP is now working
More Notes: Play and test media_profiles.xml
(Played and as reported this doesn’t change anything in video framerates, but had to test this myself off course)
Looks like I have to move HTCAlbum, Friendstream & Pluginmanager back to System for now. Also will need to delete these from Data/app in update script …. for now
I’m now about to go back to the Previous NSA Nandroid build Backup and then flash the new one over it.
I’m experiencing problems upgrading from previous NSA to the new 2.29 version. This is going to take a lot of restoring and reflashing to determine the files bugging it up.
But for now I’m leaving home to go get this:
Moving back framework to System while I test on the way to Ikea…
- Change the longpress of your Search Button to start the Phone Dialer with CallButton 12 december 2010
Life could be so much better with a hardware button to start the dialer.
For nearly half a year i have been Long pressing my search button to start the phone Dialer on my HTC Desire.
Make life easier and check out this very simple and functional app.
In a few months time you will be asking yourself how you could have lived without …it
- @XDA BattClock 1.4 7 januari 2010
User ZuinigeRijder known for his TouchLockPro & StylusLock has released a new version of BattClock 1.4.
Previously BattClock was available as part of TouchLockPro or StylusLock, but after many requests ZuinigeRijder has made it available as a separate and seemingly low footprint application.
The application replaces the Windows Mobile default battery meter with one that shows the percentage of battery life left and the current time.
This way you will be informed of your battery state and time on every window, without the need to go back to your Home view.
Originally Posted by ZuinigeRijder view post
- Very small in memory: 1 Kb in memory (check it with a task manager)
- No CPU usage: 0.00 % CPU usage, check it with a task manager)
- Very small on disk: BattClock.exe 17 Kb on disk, BattClock.CAB 16 Kb on disk,
- Very efficient resource usage (clock update and measuring of battery percentage)
- Time and Battery percentage above the top bar
- Automatic detect settings the first time started, dependent of the screen resolution and colour.
- 12 hour clock possibility
- Date possibility in format DDMM or MMDD
- Only Date, Time or Battery Percentage possibility
- Indicator if charging (battery percentage character % is changed into tilde character ~)
- Clock width, height, X position and Y position configurable
- X position from the left configurable
- Automatic runtime adaption of BattClock on Portrait or Landscape mode (with negative ClockX setting)
- Background and Foreground color configurable
- FontSize configurable
- Configurable via registry settings (or configure via TouchLockPro BattClock Settings screen and than deinstall TouchLockPro)
- Supported resolutions: 240×320, 240×240, 480×480. 480×640, 480×800, etc.
- Supported Windows Mobile 6 Classic
- Supported Windows Mobile 6 Standard
- Supported Windows Mobile 6 Professional
- Supported Windows Mobile 6.5
- Supported Windows Mobile 5 or earlier????? Please let me know if it works on your phone!
- AppToDate supp